Whether you’ve already identified an issue or just suspect something’s up, we can help you to solve the problem quickly and effectively. We can also arm you with a suite of tools to put new systems and processes in place and smooth ruffled feathers and troubled waters along the way.
Business support and advocacy
Need someone to help you manage the complexities of running your business, so that you can focus on the day to day necessities? Talk to us – we can:
- save you money by taking care of your monthly accounts for a very competitive fee (plans start from only $99 plus GST a month)
- save you stress by providing you with ideas and tools to keep your business on track
- support you in your relationships with advisers such as banks and accountants
- be your advocate in undertaking negotiations and interpreting jargon.
Business ‘warrants of fitness’
Just as vehicles need regular checks to ensure they’re fit for purpose, so too could your business benefit from an independent review.
Commission a ‘Business WoF’ and we’ll compare your business’s financial and operational drivers with industry best practice, then use this information to produce an obligation-free report of conclusions and recommendations. It’s a great way to benchmark your business, and an excellent platform from which to achieve your business goals.
Business plans and planning
Where are you now? Where do you want to be? How are you going to get there? And how will you know that you’re there?
Together, we can find the answers to these questions, put them in writing and produce a comprehensive business plan – your personal roadmap to achieving your business goals.
We can tailor-make a plan to reflect your unique situation, or offer you one of four fixed-priced business plan packages. The packages have been designed to suit specific business needs:
- The Introductory Plan is ideal for small businesses seeking concise strategies for purposes such as loan applications.
- The Standard Plan is for medium-sized businesses, with additional features such as strategy sessions, internal and external environment and SWOT analyses, risk-mitigation strategies and monitoring and measurement tools.
- The Premium and Platinum Plans are best for larger, multi-business-unit enterprises requiring highly detailed business plans that include competitor analysis, marketing strategies, risk-management strategies and in-depth and long-term financial projections.
As well as benefiting from Pennington Consulting’s extensive experience and expertise, you’ll have access to a wide range of tools that:
- have been tested and proven in New Zealand and around the world
- enable you to implement best-business practice with the cost and hassles of researching it yourself
- provide invaluable insights into the way you do business – and potential opportunities for improvement
- enable you to compare and benchmark your business’s performance with that of others in and beyond your industry.
Business change management
When your business has to change – perhaps because of uncontrolled growth or unexpected shrinkage – we can help you to identify and manage both your internal and external threats and opportunities. If appropriate, we can also:
- value your business
- develop strategies for succession planning, business sale and loan applications.
Monthly and annual accounting and comparative analysis and advice
We can save you precious time and energy by:
- preparing your GST, payroll and monthly and annual financial statements for a very competitive price
- providing regular reports and monitoring your cash flow
- comparing your financial performance to the figures in previous years, and analysing the differences
- identifying and developing management, growth, diversification or divestment opportunities
- liaising with your tax adviser on your behalf.
Our accounting services also include budget advice and preparation.
Liaison with external advisers and agencies
As a Pennington client your financial accounts will be prepared using the online Xero platform. This enables us to consolidate the data and liaise directly with your tax adviser at year end – reducing your costs and freeing up your adviser to focus on giving you tax advice and guidance.
We can also prepare and provide budgets and financial statements for external advisers such as banks.
Terms & Conditions of Trade
All costs are inclusive of GST unless otherwise stated.
- Payment of services shall be paid to Pennington Consultancy Limited by the 20th of the month following the month in which the invoice is dated, unless The Client is paying a monthly fixed fee for services (see Clause 3.) or otherwise agreed by both parties.
- PCL offer The Client fixed monthly payment services of which the invoice is due on the 20th of the month being billed for services.
- Should The Client cancel the services of PCL at any time, then PCL reserves the right to recover all fees for time and costs incurred up to the date of cancellation. Any amounts owing will be offset by any fees paid in advance.
- The Client acknowledges that payment for fees rendered in relation to the work undertaken will be made on completion and at the time of receiving the complete information and invoice. Fees remaining unpaid will incur interest at the rate of 1.5% per month on the outstanding amount until paid.
- Any expenses, costs and disbursements incurred by PCL in recovering any outstanding monies including debt collection agency fees or solicitor costs shall be paid by The Client.
- If the full scope of the work agreed upon is not conducted or concluded for whatever reason, we will still make a charge for our time and effort to the point at which our services ended.
- These Terms of Engagement remain in place until such time as either party notifies the other in writing of a change in circumstances.
- The Client authorises Pennington Consultancy Limited to collect, retain and use personal information about The Client (including information collected in this document) for the following purposes only:
- Assessing The Clients creditworthiness
- Disclosing to a third party details of this application and any subsequent dealings it may have with Pennington Consultancy Limited for the purposes of recovering amounts payable by The Client and providing credit references
- Providing professional services as agreed with The Client, including contact with banks, Inland Revenue, Solicitors, and other parties as required.
Need to know more? Check out the 5 reasons to choose Pennington Consultancy or get in touch – we’re an easy email or phone call away.